By George Carol
Celebrating Malta’s Gaming Excellence Awards 2018 Friday 25th May, Montekristo Estates, Hal-Farrug – A fantastic opportunity to move the lines!
MBR Publications Limited is proud to announce the second edition of the Malta Gaming Excellence Awards is practically fully booked. Winners will be revealed on the final night award show extravaganza being held at the exclusive panoramic rooftop garden New Renaissance Hall, Montektristo Estates in Hal-Farrug on Friay 25th My 2018.
The prestigious awards recognise, inspire and uphold creative and technical excellence in the local and international gaming industry clusters. The organisers, MBR Publications Ltd, supported by media partners, among which are Online Casino Reports, Five Star Media, Malta Business Review, The Malta Independent on Sunday, The Malta Business Weekly and Sunday Trends, bring together a diverse group of iGaming, eGaming, online and land based elite gaming players, game developers, and notable names from popular gaming culture to celebrate and advance gaming’s best achievers, as well as enhance the gaming industry position as the most immersive, challenging and inspiring form of entertainment.
This gala awards ceremony, held annually in May, honours and celebrates the best of the best in gaming companies and individuals, and has a specially created video production that is broadcast at the beginning of the show, exclusively generated for the gaming audience that will pack the hall during final award gala ceremony. The whole gala and programme is live streamed thanks to 3XP Group and shall be broadcast twice on Super 1 TV, which enjoys the largest TV viewership on the Island. Live streaming will be broadcast on all gaming screens and digital platforms, and recognizes video games across PC, mobile, console, VR/AR, and also eSports. Again, this is a first in the many achievements that MBR Publications Ltd have pioneered in past to optimize the quality level of such events.cross PC, mobile, console, VR/AR, and also eSports.
Having viewed as press in person past gala awards organised by the company, I can safely say that MBR Publications Ltd truly merit mentioning, as they really deliver on what they promise and provide their audience with the best entertainment around. All gala awards I have witnessed had all the hallmarks of a lavish awards show: Live orchestra or band, singers, top quality dancers, fervent spiels, high calibre TV personalities and celebrity A-listers, great magicians, jugglers fire-eaters, and many more accomplished artists and performers.. And, there was also added benefits of spectacular fireworks displays in open-air events. And there were touching moments too, so if you didn’t catch the action last year, make sure you don’t miss on this one this year.
Most importantly, Malta’s Gaming Excellence Awards 2018 may give us another opportunity to spot last year’s breakout star from the event: the Yobetit dog mascots.
The show will be streamed via YouTube, Facebook Live, Steam and Microsoft’s Mixer platform. The organisers have the YouTube live-stream embedded in links sent to all nominees and sponsors by circular email. If you prefer to watch the show via a home console, the ceremony can also be watched through Sony’s PlayStation Network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live. Talking of ground breaking initiatives, this certainly puts MBR Publications Ltd at the forefront of tech savvy innovative event fabrications.
With the “how to” out of the way, let’s address what’s on everyone’s mind. What can you expect out of Malta’s Gaming Excellence Awards this year? George Curmi (Il Puse’) will perform on stage interacting with a different blend of modern music with DJ Pierre Cordina and singer Amber, who had represented Malta during the Eurovision Song Contest in 2015, with the song Warrior. At some point during the show, Ryan Busuttil’s MalteseMotion will take the stage together with Roxette’s RYDM Dance Company’s dancers, to surprise the audience with a unique tailor-made acrobatic dance performance of the first kind! Roving magician and illusionist Brian Role will also entertain the audience with exceptional illusions and magic. A complimentary bottle of five star Belvedere Vodka will be paced on each table served in a Silver bucket courtesy of Hansa Wines & Spirits, while free flowing wine from Delicata and Bollinger Champagne courtesy of Demajo Wines & Spirits will also be provided to all the distinguished guests attending this spectacular gala awards ceremony. The show will be hosted by TV Personality, lawyer and piano teacher Dr Thea Saliba, accompanied by surprise comedian. The show closes with a stunning fireworks display and the venue’s ideal rooftop garden setting will provide a remarkable viewing of the fireworks.
Mercedez E-Class, S-Class and D-Class luxury chauffer driven vehicles shall be on display and in attendance, courtesy of Elegance Chauffer Drive, as well as the latest models from Jaguar and Landrover, on display thanks to Muscat Motors Ltd.
Don’t be surprised to see new footage of the introduction video, which gives the audience a taste of what is to come, and also the exclusive cartoon video mix of Queen’s ‘We are the Champions’, being broadcast toward the end, after the final award winners are announced, which shall truly surprise and wow the audience. Interesting new developments, including a more in-depth view of the event programme, are also expected to feature, blended with special colour lighting effect and sky beams.
The organisers believe that there is a different way to present these awards, and being original and different has been a major factor which distinguishes MBR Publication Ltd form the rest of the field where such events are concerned. It is because they believe to do things in a truly genuine, sincere and more emotional way, that they have created these awards. Their hope is that tomorrow gaming will cause more sympathy and create more CSR and fund raising opportunities to help other persons in need, particularly children with disabilities and cancer tribulations, and so the company hopes to continue on what they started over ten years ago and build on to provide and give for the helpless and needy with sympathy and passion, not just out of fear, stress or shock. The company works with other organisations and NGOs to make this dream happen. After all, it was MBR Publications Ltd who were the first to collect money and organise fund raising activities in the first ever awards given over eight years ago, involving companies and professionals in our industry to specifically reward the quality of the emotions produced on this medium. Therefore, the company sees this as a fantastic opportunity to move the lines! They hope you will join them in this wonderful adventure!
To get caught up on everything being nominated before the show kicks off, be sure to contact Margaret Brincat on 9940 6743/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By George Carol
The last twelve months have been a period of change for the industry. The impact of the new Gaming Bill to be tabled in Maltese Parliament which will seek to repeal all the existing legislation and replace it with a singular primary Act of Parliament, together with subsidiary legislation covering horizontally the main thrusts of gaming regulation as well as a series of technical directives and guidelines currently being consulted on by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) for eventual publication and rollout by the regulator once the Act comes into force, is still to be seen.
How much this will ensure that the gaming industry continues to be run responsibly, fairly and free from criminal activity, so that the Maltese jurisdiction provides a safe and well regulated environment where the industry can also develop and innovate is yet to be established and proven. The continued shock disclosure about the alleged Mafia links was again a “nightmare” for the gaming authority. Then there was the case of Alery Atanasov, a former employee of the Lotteries and Gaming Authority (now the Malta Gaming Authority), who has told The Malta Independent on Sunday that although he had contacted a number of authorities, including the Internal Audit and Investigations Department (IAID), the police and the FIAU over alleged irregularities at his workplace, he felt that no action was being taken. Atanasov recently filed an application in the Law Courts to be recognised as a whistleblower. He says that he had not only spoken to the abovementioned authorities about the alleged irregularities, but had even handed over a file of documents during a meeting held with an official at the Office of the Prime Minister, in an attempt to “make sure that he (the Prime Minister) was informed of irregular practices”. Our newsroom has recently asked a series of questions to the MGA Chairman himself, regarding criteria for financial aid and support given to certain individuals and companies in past, and about conflict of interest within Gaming Malta, however, to this day, these were never answered.
Nonetheless, zipping away from this background, there has been a successful growth and development of many in the industry’s top companies and products. It is those success stories that we honour in Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards 2018 (MiGEA). Once again, MBR Publications Limited are honoured to have MiGEA, powered by the Malta Business Review, as an integral part of our awards program. Last year’s event was met with string support for many of the industry’s top executives and we look forward to another exciting event this year.
MiGEA is unique in that it unites the best gaming has to offer in both land-based and digital verticals; its mission to unite both industries under one esteemed ceremony reflects the overarching trend that is drawing online and offline gaming closer together. As we move into the era of omni-channel gaming, including the increased prevalence of digital products and games in casinos, MBR Publications Ltd recognises that bridging land-based and digital gaming is an important step in the industry’s future. MiGEA captures this notion better than any other awards, a major factor in attracting key gaming players to be part if this event.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming business entrepreneurs operating in the Malta, and feature a wide variety of categories to recognise achievement in every facet of the workplace.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming business entrepreneurs, and include categories to honour accomplishments in all aspects of work life.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming (land based or online) business entrepreneurs in the Mediterranean region who have work related projects operational in Malta, or based in Malta. The categories focus on recognising innovation in all aspects of worklife.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming and online payment business and gaming industrial organisations and entrepreneurs operating in Malta.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all business organisations, and recognize Malta’s best gaming entrepreneurs to work for and the HR teams and professionals, HR achievements, new gaming products and services, and suppliers who help to create and drive great workplaces.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming organisations in Malta, and recognize the achievements of sales, customer service, and call center professionals.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are open to all gaming organizations in Malta, and recognise the achievements of men and women executives, entrepreneurs, and the gaming organisations they run.
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® judges include many of the Malta’s most respected qualified gaming executives, entrepreneurs, innovators, and business educators. Each of our awards programs harnesses the insights and talents of more than 20 highly respected professional judges every year. All Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® entrants have access to all judges’ comments and scorcards about their nominations.
- Sponsors of Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® programs include many leading B2B and B2C marketers, publishers, iGaming, real estate, hospitality, travel, maritime and government institutions.
- There are a number of benefits to submitting nominations to Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® program. We hope your organisation will participate, and look forward to welcoming you into the pantheon of past Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® winners.
Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are the Malta’s premier and largest Gaming awards. They were created in 2015 to honour entrepreneurs and generate public recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of local gaming working professionals. In short order Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® has become one of the Malta’s most coveted and sought business prizes.
It is a unique award show in a number of ways:
- It’s the first award show in the Gaming industry to exclusively recognize companies or individuals;
- It is open to all genders and with its categories covering almost all parts of a typical general gaming operation;
- It’s the first and only award gala in the industry, where nominees will have to prove themselves in front of a panel of judges, with direct live scoring on the evening;
- It’s the first ever live streamed award show in Malta;
- It’s the first award show in the Gaming industry to be organised locally, by a Maltese registered Company and Malta based Shareholders;
- MiGEA is first and foremost for talented Gaming employees and companies, who are based here in Malta and believe they have what it takes to become the best-of-the-best;
- These awards are given to the companies and individuals that have impressed the industry most, which is the reason why they are so much sought-after;
- It’s also the first gaming gala award to collect money for charity. We are honoured to have H.E. the President of Malta, Marie Louise Coleiro Preca at the awards show;
- Record number of nominations demonstrates that the awards are truly considered the “Best of the Best”;
- Over 60 nominations with 30 finalists;
- The only truly accredited awards highlighting the industry’s groundbreakers;
- Top Quality Judging Panel;
- Over 500 guests attending gala evening Awards presentation;
- Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards® are the most fair, legitimate and therefore prized awards in the entire gaming industry;
- To guarantee their fairness, the judging process and votes are presided over by JPMC Auditors, the Awards official adjudicators.
Anyone who works within, or is a supplier to the Gaming industry can attend the Awards. There is a limited amount of tickets available, which will be sold on a first come, first served basis. One can either purchase individual tickets or tables of 10 seats.
For further information please contact Margaret Brincat on 9940 6743/Email: email@example.com
TO ALL OUR DISTINGUISHED SPONSORS, NOMINEES, iGAMING PARTICIPANTS AND MEDIA PARTNERS
MBR PUBLICATIONS LTD WELCOMES THE FOLLOWING MEDIA PARTNERS
Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards 2017 (MiGEA) are pleased to announce that ONLINE CASINO REPORTS, 5-star iGAMING MEDIA, The Malta Independent (incl. TMIS) and The Malta Business Weekly as their newest Media Partners, together with the Malta Business Review, Malta’s premier business magazine and Sunday Trends, Malta’s trendiest fashion and lifestyle magazine.
As we move along, our partners, sponsors, nominees and all participants will be receiving updates and e-newsles in the following days!
The press release revealed the three “special offers” available to these with our new media partner:
Ø A dedicated page to the MiGEA with a link and image that we have provided is being launched by Online Casino events directory shortly. Here is our dedicated page for last year’s event: http://www.onlinecasinoreports.com/events/the-malta-international-igaming-excellence-awards.php?q=3
Ø Online Casino Reports shall post articles about the event before it takes place, based on PRs/news that our partners, nominees and sponsors are free to send us send us (we usually rewrite these, and in other cases – share on our Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter profiles) and posting. We can also translate the news and post them in different languages which you can see on OCR list of local sites;
Ø Online Casino Reports also have social media profiles (Twitter / Facebook / Linkedin) where they will push the event.
Please make sure you keep an eye out for more MiGEA-related news. If you have any event related or PR material you wish to post on all the above, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An acknowledgement and online link will be sent in reply.
We thank you for your firm support and trust.
MiGEA 2018: Malta’s largest and most prestigious Gaming awards are back!
Sensational Award Ceremony produced with finesse and precision
This year’s dinner and prize giving ceremony will be held at a five star venue, which is yet to be confirmed. MBR Publications Limited organises sit down gala dinners, award ceremonies, and industry nights from 50 to 1500+ people. For the past ten years, MBR Publications Ltd have been organising prestigious business awards, among which is the highly recognized excellence awards in the gaming/iGaming industry, as the sector has become critical to the success and growth of any business.
The company offers tailor-made events design service, delivering a market leading performance to match your own corporate aspirations and endeavours. Their dedicated event planning team will work tirelessly to find customers the right location, creating detailed designs of the space to maximise the impact of all your corporate elements. Today, the company specialise in creating spectacular stage designs with integrated corporate branding, stunning bespoke menus, sensational themes and first class entertainment.
MBR Publications Limited use the latest technology to deliver first class production services – from power solutions, AV packages, and lighting systems, to prop, theming and marquee solutions. The company approaches each production job with a creative passion for excellence, backed by decades of experience and a vast knowledge of Health & Safety, Risk Assessments, and Insurance liability.
These Gaming Awards recognise the greatest titles, teams, and individuals from across the gaming industry. Since its highly rated premier last year, the show has exploded in attendance to become a must-see stop for hundreds of attendees. With categories catering to all major verticals of the gaming industry, including mobile, tabletop, casino, online, live and VR gaming, the Gaming Awards are a great opportunity to receive world-class recognition for your gaming projects. Be a part of a whole new kind of gaming festival experience that can only be found in the heart of the legendary MiGEA event. The 2018 MiGEA will host 24 unique awards categories encompassing all aspects of gaming.
Starting with a cocktail red carpet reception at 7.30pm, followed by a 3 course lavish dinner, with petit fours, coffee, free flowing wine and Awards Ceremony, this Gaming award gala is jam-packed with unrivalled top quality entertainment. For this year, a limited number of tables remain available due to the heavy demand there has been following last year’s highly successful awards, but there’s still time to reserve yours at the MiGEA’s 2018 premier gala event
MiGEA Award Finalists Receive:
Being shortlisted as a finalist for one of our categories is rewarding in its own right. TIGA will ensure that:
- all finalists are included in press releases and relevant MiGEA’s marketing emails;
- coverage on MiGEA’s website, Malta Business Review fb page; Sunday Trends Fashion & Lifestyle magazine fb page and also The Malta Independent Online website;
- promotion on MiGEA’s social media channels.
- Unique event live-streaming on U-Tube and facebook
MiGEA Award Winners Receive:
- industry recognition at the Awards Ceremony in Malta attended by industry leaders and the media;
- a weighty MiGEA trophy and accredited certificate!
- PR through MiGEA’s press releases, live-streamed Press Conference which are sent to trade press and national / international press;
- coverage on the main MiGEA website, and affiliated magazine/newspaper fb pages and in MiGEA’s newsletters to over 200,000 database customers;
- a ‘winners’ signature logo which you can attach to your email or website.
But the best is yet to be, as we forge ahead, shaping and defining our new digital world in an incredible number of ways. This technology is driving business, and at the same time helping the great institutions of the world capture, analyse and share their data to fight hunger and disease, while improving efficiency and shifting to renewable energy . In the world’s more deprived areas, connectivity and networking is unleashing opportunity, while the platforms we build help families to stay in touch and communicate like never before.
MBR Publications are celebrating the second year of Malta’s iGaming Excellence Awards, with an extra-special Awards Gala ceremony, which will tell the stories of the innovative and pioneering projects and people behind the industry’s greatest successes. We want you to join us for a night of glitz and glamour and, most importantly of all, align your brand with our showcase of excellence and best practice, and assert your commitment to excellence and improvement, including a dose of CSR to help the Children’s Cancer Foundation Puttinu Cares and also The Community Chest Fund patronised by HE The president of Malta Marie Louise Coleiro Preca.
Nominee entry and Sponsorship opportunities are available. These levels of sponsorship packages are designed for companies and organisations desiring recognition as a strong community partner. Main or Gold sponsorship gives you significantly heightened visibility, and also includes a variety of associated benefits. All of these leader sponsorship packs include basic value added benefits, and are designed to fit your marketing needs and budget. Additional Event and Program or Category sponsorship packs are also available.
MALTA BEST IN BUSINESS AWARDS 2017
RADISSON BLU, GOLDEN SANDS FRIDAY 17th November, 2017
A Company of ‘firsts’ in the organisation of award shows in Malta
MBR Publications Limited’s International Business Awards (IBAs), including Malta’s Best Entrepreneur Awards of the Year, Malta’s Best in Business Awards, Malta’s Gaming Excellence Awards and the Malta International Boats & Yachting Awards, are Malta’s only international, all-encompassing business awards programmes. Many organisations and individuals from all over the best and most influential of Malta’s business clusters, including Banking, Finance, Real Estate, Hospitality, Industry, Manufacturing, Importing & Distribution, ICT, Gaming, Maritime, Aviation and other sectors have all participated in paste editions, with some also entering two or three times! The success of these awards are attributed mainly to the fact that we were the pioneers in creating and establishing such prestigious and internationally recognised award programmes. Furthermore, we have a Board of Directors managing and evaluating nominees, with a completely transparent voting system, whereby judges have two score cards and these are signed and viewed even after the awards are over, and are also made available online on our website. No other award event in Malta has this type of transparent voting structure. Continue reading